Click here to read more...

March 27, 2008
Newsletter:     
Search:        

Click Here to Order!

Return to Home Page Doctrine, Scripture, Morality, Vocation, Community Identity, Sexuality, Family, Healing, Work Art, Ideas, Technology, Science, Business Politics, Bioethics, Ecology, Justice, Peace Spirituality, Prayers, Poems, and Witness Archive of top news from around the web Columns, Reviews and Personal Essays Share your opinions, ideas, and experiences What is Godspy?
GODSPY Discussion Forums
Members must log-in before posting. If you are not a member, click here to join. Take a moment to read our frequently asked questions. And check the today page for announcements from the editors.

Navigation:

FORUMS > MEDITATIONS [ REFRESH ]
Thread Title: Whoever wishes to be first among you will be the slave of all.  [Feature]
Created On October 19, 2006 9:30 AM
  Whoever wishes to be first among you will be the slave of all. - Godspy
  Whoever wishes to be first among you will be the slave of all. - Pwermuth

Godspy

October 19, 2006 9:30 AM

User is offline View thread in raw text format

Jesus, Servant and Lord, is also the one who calls. He calls us to be like him, because only in service do human beings discover their own dignity and the dignity of others.

Bottom

Pwermuth

October 25, 2006 8:52 AM

User is offline View users profile View thread in raw text format

I have to say that this is what the Lord is saying to me; the other day I was in prayer and this stong thought came across: Take up your cross and follow me: I thought what does that scripture really mean. I have heard that scripture many times but never gave it much thought until the other day, I then prayed that he would show me what he wanted me to learn and it was 2 days later when I was searching the internet and looked up that scripture and on this site I found Deny Yourself, Pick up your cross and follow me by Pope John Paul II. As I read and let the Holy Spirit teach me what was and is needed in all of us is that, to deny oneself is to give up ones's own plans that are often small and petty in order to accept God's plan. That we only think of ourselfs, The Pope went on to say that " Follow Jesus" share my (your) life and my (your) choices, and stake your life for love of God and for neighbor together with me.
As I read this my heart was filled with shame for I myself have not been living Christ-Like, I have been living for myself and not for him or my neighbor. What I came to understand, is the love of the Lord is so loving that he will show us when we are not following him the way we are to follow him, The love we have we are to share with everyone, no matter who they are: Let the light of the Lord shine through us so others will see the glory of God and this will bring Glory to God, and it will humble you!

Bottom

FORUMS > MEDITATIONS [ REFRESH ]
Click to buy at Amazon.com!
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertise | About Us

FuseTalk 3.1 - Copyright � 1999-2002 e-Zone Media Inc. All rights reserved.