Click here to read more...

March 27, 2008
Newsletter:     
Search:        

Click Here to Order!

Return to Home Page Doctrine, Scripture, Morality, Vocation, Community Identity, Sexuality, Family, Healing, Work Art, Ideas, Technology, Science, Business Politics, Bioethics, Ecology, Justice, Peace Spirituality, Prayers, Poems, and Witness Archive of top news from around the web Columns, Reviews and Personal Essays Share your opinions, ideas, and experiences What is Godspy?
GODSPY Discussion Forums
Members must log-in before posting. If you are not a member, click here to join. Take a moment to read our frequently asked questions. And check the today page for announcements from the editors.

Navigation:

FORUMS > MISC. [ REFRESH ]
Thread Title: HumanaeVitae - can it be wrong?
Created On September 10, 2005 10:38 PM
  HumanaeVitae - can it be wrong? - XtraordnarilyOrdnary
  HumanaeVitae - can it be wrong? - troubledgoodangel

XtraordnarilyOrdnary

September 10, 2005 10:38 PM

User is offline View thread in raw text format

In Trent, the Catholic Church taught that outside the Catholic Church, there is no salvation. And I think they meant just that. Protestants and non Christians will all go to hell. Just check out the writings and sermons of even the canonized saints of that time. 500 years later, Vatican 2 takes a contradictory stance.

Now we have Humanae Vitae which says that every intercourse needs to be open to life; because, sex was meant for procreation. Now if one has to limit his family, then one must abstain on the days when his wife is fertile. If that were the case, then I might not have intimacies with my wife anymore. Because when I am up, she is not safe. When she is safe, she may not be in the mood or I may be down.

I wonder if 500 years from now, the Church will declare the contrary.

Bottom

troubledgoodangel

January 08, 2007 1:29 PM

User is offline View thread in raw text format

Two things. First, Humanae Vitae is certainly right and true hence it is infallibly inspired by God. Human sex is not animal sex. Humans have control of their instincts(if they don't, they better grow up). Above all, intelligent and mature human beings always respect the Will of God because they know that every departure from that Single Will (God) is a deadly sin that brought us death! Humans therefore use reason to understand that sex act is sacred and if there is pleasure in it, it is because God has determined so. But Christians never make sex into a God! Rather, they use it sparingly and in a holy manner!
As far as Trent's extra ecclesiam nulla salus affirmation it is also true! If properly understood, Ecclesia means an "extension" of Christ on earth. And let no one doubt that Salvation to all must come through Christ ... or it will never come! This does not mean that Jews or Buddhists or Moslems cannot be saved. They can! How? I will tell you how. God the Father is the sole recipient of Christ's Sacrifice for the sake of Redemption. God the Father sees all mankind from above. He knows what members of other religions are Christlike: He sees good Jews, Buddhists, and Moslems! In a mistical way, only known to Him, He identifies all holy people from all religions ... with Christ! And therefore all good holy people will find themselves saved eventually, often without being aware of it on earth! They will find themselves to be within "Ecclesia Christi" after death! This is what Trent meant when it said extra ecclesiam [Christi] nulla salus!

Bottom

FORUMS > MISC. [ REFRESH ]
Click to buy at Amazon.com!
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertise | About Us

FuseTalk 3.1 - Copyright � 1999-2002 e-Zone Media Inc. All rights reserved.