Click here to read more...

March 27, 2008
Newsletter:     
Search:        

Click Here to Order!

Return to Home Page Doctrine, Scripture, Morality, Vocation, Community Identity, Sexuality, Family, Healing, Work Art, Ideas, Technology, Science, Business Politics, Bioethics, Ecology, Justice, Peace Spirituality, Prayers, Poems, and Witness Archive of top news from around the web Columns, Reviews and Personal Essays Share your opinions, ideas, and experiences What is Godspy?
GODSPY Discussion Forums
Members must log-in before posting. If you are not a member, click here to join. Take a moment to read our frequently asked questions. And check the today page for announcements from the editors.

Navigation:

FORUMS > MISC. [ REFRESH ]
Thread Title: the macfarlane troubles
Created On June 13, 2006 9:43 AM
  the macfarlane troubles - grguth

grguth

June 13, 2006 9:43 AM

User is offline View thread in raw text format

I just read the interview with Bai Macfarlane where she discusses no fault divorce. I heartily agree with her about marriage being until death. I also can empathize with people caught in abusive situations, or in marriages never consumated, or where one or the other spouse never had the right intention when entering into the marriage. All cases are unique; that's why there is a tribunal with investigations.

However, my main reason for starting this forum is to tell Bai of my great sadness over the unravelling of her marriage. I'll always remember Bud telling us of how and when and where he proposed to her. Next to the Chapel at Notre Dame U. And he always referred to her afterwards as his bride. I was so touched by each birth of their children. When I first heard of their separation, I cried. The interview I just read made me cry. I wanted all of it to be a bad dream. It couldn't be happening to a couple I considered so special.

I remember "Catholicity" from many years ago. Last night something inspired me to go look for it again. It has all change -- but I found it. And along with it Bai's interview.

I am old, married 57 years this coming January, have 8 children, 55 grandchildren, and 13 great grandchildren so far. We've had many ups and downs in our marriage (like all do), spiritually, emotionally, physically. If not for the graces we've received from the Sacrament of Marriage, I'm sure we could have split up numerous times. I relate to Bai's concern over the saving of the souls of those dear to one. That's why we're here: to save one's own soul and those of others. Nothinf else matters.

Bai and Bud, you and your 4 beautiful boys, are all in my daily prayers from now on. May the good Lord, in His great mercy and kindness see fit to heal your relationship and save your blessed marraige. May all things become anew.

I can imagine how much your families are praying for you. Good St. Anthony FIND and return the sweetness of their beginning years so they may grow together into their old age with happiness and blessings. We ask this through Christ our Lord, God, the Father, the Holy Spirit, and our dear Mother Mary. Amen.

Bottom

FORUMS > MISC. [ REFRESH ]
Click to buy at Amazon.com!
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertise | About Us

FuseTalk 3.1 - Copyright � 1999-2002 e-Zone Media Inc. All rights reserved.