Click here to read more...

March 27, 2008
Newsletter:     
Search:        

Click Here to Order!

Return to Home Page Doctrine, Scripture, Morality, Vocation, Community Identity, Sexuality, Family, Healing, Work Art, Ideas, Technology, Science, Business Politics, Bioethics, Ecology, Justice, Peace Spirituality, Prayers, Poems, and Witness Archive of top news from around the web Columns, Reviews and Personal Essays Share your opinions, ideas, and experiences What is Godspy?
GODSPY Discussion Forums
Members must log-in before posting. If you are not a member, click here to join. Take a moment to read our frequently asked questions. And check the today page for announcements from the editors.

Navigation:

FORUMS > OPINION [ REFRESH ]
Thread Title: Christians Behind the Screen: An Interview with Barbara Nicolosi  [Feature]
Created On November 10, 2005 11:46 AM
  Christians Behind the Screen: An Interview with Barbara Nicolosi - Godspy
  Christians Behind the Screen: An Interview with Barbara Nicolosi - tinatina
  Christians Behind the Screen: An Interview with Barbara Nicolosi - surferchick

Godspy

November 10, 2005 11:46 AM

User is offline View thread in raw text format

Is Hollywood the devil�s playground or God�s mission field? We spoke to Act One's Barbara Nicolosi, co-editor of �Behind the Screen,� a new collection of essays by Christian Hollywood insiders, to get the latest on the upcoming Narnia, Left Behind, and Da Vinci Code movies, and industry reaction to the book.

Bottom

tinatina

November 24, 2005 12:06 PM

I thought I was the only one who laughed at "Left Behind: World at War". I had to watch it because my husband wanted to get "his money's worth" from the rental. I kept saying to him, "I really like the premise of this movie, but it is painful to watch." As a Cradle Catholic, who was married to a Jewish doctor for 20 years, and am now married to a Catholic (thank God)...I want to say, "Hey! Use atheists, use Jews, use communists, or ANYONE to make Left-Behind types of movies." Have you or your grandchildren ever had a polio vaccine? Jonas Salk was a "heathen" Jew. Are you going to have cataract surgery or go blind because the procedure was invented by a Jew, Dr. Charles Kelman. Well, maybe you should only use candles because of this quote:

"I cannot believe in the immortality of the soul.... No, all this talk of an existence for us, as individuals, beyond the grave is wrong. It is born of our tenacity of life � our desire to go on living � our dread of coming to an end."

- Thomas Edison, American inventor (1847-1931).
Get REAL and grow up. I'm a baby boomer. Learn to cope better. Use decent people from any background! Make good movies with a GREAT message.
Hugs,
Tina

Bottom

surferchick

April 05, 2006 4:12 PM

thank God someone is speaking up about this. Kudos to Godspy to talk about such issues that christians don't want to talk about and want to hide. I hated left behind as well as a movie. It seems as if christians are afraid of making films that will reap high profit, there is this perseption in christianity that money is evil. Even though the bible says that the love of money is the root of all evil and not money itself.

I disagree that The Da Vinci Code is bad, because its a book that questions what we believe, why we believe it, should we keep going on this path because we want to or because of tradition. Those are very important questions and issues, its like christians are being dumbed down at church and discouraged from thinking intellectually. I don't want anyone to think for me, I want to question and I don't want to be afraid of asking questions, of questioning God and the thngs that I believe in.

What's the point of living life or loving God if we are just robots?! It would be like living in the world of Big Brother (1984 by George Orwell). That's why christians are threatened by Hollywood, by going to Hollywood, California and workign there, it would challenge them and make them come out of the bubble and its hard living out of the bubble.

One time I spoke to someone how I hated left behind and this person was a christian and they were like "how can you hate a movie by christians?" Well I'm an American, but it doesn't mean that I like or get along with every American in the United States of America. Please. I think its time for Christian Filmmakers or spiritual filmmakers to think of the overall movie along with profit. Money isn't the enemy, because we do need it to function in this society. Without it, none of us would have a home to sleep or that new cd that we bought this week that we wanted so much.

Christian/Spiritual filmmakers need to think of the acting, aesthetics, filmmaking, message, profit, etc. And distribute/market it like secular studios would, use the same skills that any hollywood studio or filmmaker would to make it a success. Sometimes the message is too much, people need to be able to think for themselves. Solaris raised questions, it wasn't christian but it did raise questions just like the Matrix did. It seems like in Hollywood people are behind. In the music/publishing business, we're doing much better but in the Hollywood area we're just babies. Just starting and learning.

I had a friend who said that we should be the first in the entertainment business, why aren't we the first but then we're still bothered by sex scenes and morality in movies than quality. Its like let's put out a poor film as long as it has the morality, we're just fine. We need to break away from such thinking.
Christians are just a joke and that's really sad. Well that's all I have to say.

I just want to thank Godspy and everyone who writes in, edits, and collaborates this website. Anyone who is involved with putting it together, I Thank you! I'm so happy to have stumbled across it because well you raise important questions that no other christian website does. Thank you for all that you do.

Bottom

FORUMS > OPINION [ REFRESH ]
Click to buy at Amazon.com!
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertise | About Us

FuseTalk 3.1 - Copyright � 1999-2002 e-Zone Media Inc. All rights reserved.